Student academic program eligibily rules
Last updated on March 6th, 2023
Context and motivation
The HAIBAL Student Academic Program was established to provide easy access to students wishing to use the LabVIEW Deep Learning Library in their various study projects.
To this end, we are offering students a free HAIBAL license giving full access to the toolkit.
Characteristics of the student license
- This licence is FREE.
- This license has a duration of a maximum of 6 months of activation.
- This student licence is nominative and is addressed only to one person.
- It can be installed only once time on one workstation without possible desactivation.
- All the functionalities are available.
As there is some restrictions on the student license, this license is a restricted license.
What are the conditions to apply for a student license ?
- Be a student and justify it with an student identity card by sending us a demand at this address : email@example.com
- Describe the project you would like to do with the HAIBAL toolkit on the forum at this address following this title norm “[Academia program][Name of your school] (The Title of your project) “ for the subject.
Example of title of post: [Academia program][MIT] Creative and Controllable Image Synthesis with Composable Conditions
At this point, you meet all the requirements to be eligible for the simple student program which entitles you to a three-month permit.
How to benefit from the 6 months of free access ?
- Fulfill the previous conditions (be a student + share a description of the project).
- To have a tutor within the university who would be a professor or a researcher who would accept to be our contact within this establishment.
To apply, we need a contact request from the candidate’s tutor. This request would be sent by email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
providing us with the following information:
- name/first name of the applicant tutor
- contact details
- function within the university
- relationship with the student
- what interest this tutor has for the toolkit ?
There is a quota of 3 free licenses per year per university. Beyond this number, if the student coming from a university demand is too high , we apply a preferential rate to the university so that each student can have a license without restriction.
Renewal conditions of a license
Any restricted license granted by our teams can be renewed for 6 months (even for the simple 3-month license).
For this, we evaluate your positive impact on the community by meeting the following conditions:
- Share your work to the community
- Candidate an applicative example to be integrated in HAIBAL toolkit
- Share on Linkedin the news of HAIBAL
- Help community in forum
HAIBAL’s application teams are free to accept or reject the granting of a license.
Nothing is automatic and only the HAIBAL team decides.
Need help from the community
Join the HAIBAL community as part of a vibrant Ecosystem. This is your place to
network, ask questions, and collaborate on code with users all over the world.
Need access to the official instruction manual ?
Visit the HAIBAL knowledge base as the documentation from which you can
start from scratch and learn the advanced features